Child Care Resource and Referral: West Kootenay
Support, resources and training for childcare providers and parents.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am-3:30pm
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Closed for lunch daily from 12-1
* Friday hours are for Care Providers & parents needing support with Affordable Childcare applications or childcare referrals
#106, 518 Lake Street,
Nelson BC V1L 4C6
The CCRR program is a provincial-wide initiative to enhance the availability and quality of a range of child care options.
The program is a point of reference for parents, care providers and communities seeking information, resources, support, training and referral services that ensure that children have access to high quality child care.
This program supports parents in making informed choices about their childcare needs and provides support in applying for government financial assistance through Affordable Child Care Benefit.
To search for licensed child care programs in your community, please go to:
The CCRR maintains a free Toy Lending Library and low cost arts and crafts materials are available for members to purchase.
The Child Care Resource and Referral program is designed to:
- Support parents in making informed choices about their childcare needs
- Provide information to families about the Affordable Childcare Benefit and assist with completing and faxing forms
- Provide parents and care providers with access to resources and toys from the Toy Lending Library
- Offer quality professional development, training and networking opportunities for care providers
- Support individuals interested in becoming a Registered Licensed Not Required (RLNR) caregiver
- Provide our members with low-cost art and craft materials.
View the current newsletter, survey results and review previous newsletters to stay up to date with what’s going on at the Child Care Resource & Referral. To sign up to receive newsletters click here.