Child Care Resource and Referral
The CCRR supports the needs of children, families and child care providers through referrals and access to quality child care programs, resources and training.
The CCRR program is a provincial-wide initiative to enhance the availability and quality of a range of child care options.
The CCRR program is a point of reference for parents, care providers and communities seeking information, resources, support, training and referral services that ensure that children have access to high quality child care.
There are 38 Child Care Resource and Referral Programs (CCRR) in the province of BC. To achieve consistent and efficient delivery of services, coordination of these programs has been organized into 5 regions. Regional coordination provides broad support, training and networking opportunities for all CCRR staff. Regional services connect provincial, regional, local agencies and CCRR programs.
Tuesday – Thursday
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday hours are for Care Providers Only
$20 for a 6 month membership
The Yellow House,
804 Stanley Street,
Nelson BC V1L 1N7
The CCRR: West Kootenay regional program supports parents in making informed choices about their childcare needs and provides support in applying for government financial assistance through Affordable Child Care Benefit.
The CCRR: West Kootenay maintains a Toy Lending Library and low cost arts and crafts materials are available for members to purchase.
The Child Care Resource and Referral program is designed to:
- Support parents in making informed choices about their childcare needs
- Provide information to families about the Affordable Childcare Benefit and assist with completing and faxing forms
- Provide parents and care providers with access to resources and toys from the Toy Lending Library
- Offer quality professional development, training and networking opportunities for care providers.
- Support individuals interested in becoming a Registered Licensed Not Required (RLNR) caregiver.
- Provide our members with low-cost art and craft materials.
The Interior Regional Child Care Resource and Referral provides coordination and support to the following CCRR programs: Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, Kamloops, Shuswap, Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, Boundary, Trail/Castlegar, West Kootenay, East Kootenay, Golden and Revelstoke.